Portland’s Strategy’s impressive 15 year plus discography rests on his ability to reference disparate music forms whilst making them sound entirely and distinctly his own. Whether crystalline dub, cerebellum-tingling ambient, atavistic post-punk or two steps beyond, Strategy has remade these all in his inimitable image.
On “Pressure Wassure”, he not only plunders the fertile bounty of early 90s UK hardcore, he eviscerates it’s taut snares, bowel shaking bass and Dionnysian spirit, reimagining that eras ecstasy enlightened explorations for contemporary dancefloors, whilst sprinkling in neon p-funk flourishes, deft bassline deconstructions and the sheer murder of once familiar samples.
In the span of just four devastating tracks, Strategy offers up supple, devastating pressure.
• First return to Peak Oil after self titled debut that launched the label.
• Pressed in an edition of 300 copies.
• Hand assembled, label-bankrupting red flocked covers.
Naked Island is the striking debut collaboration from Brian Pyle (Ensemble Economique) and Felicia Atkinson (Je Suis Le Petit Chevalier). Their respective unique visions fuse into one bold new deep space soundscape. Their S/T debut is two expansive tracks spread luxuriously across 35 minutes of mutant ambient techno.
In a delicate fugue of influence, amidst ethereal synth mastery, suggestive percussion and whispered vocals, a total collaborative experience is reached.
• Pressed in an edition of 300 copies
• Featues hand assembled lenticular artwork by artist Peter Burr & Laura Brothers.
• Previous Ensemble Economique releases have appeared on Not Not Fun and Dekorder while Felicia’s work has appeared on NNA Tapes and Shelter Press.
Slow Walkers is a project by Lawrence English and Liz Harris. This is their self-titled first release, born from a mutual fascination with horrific depictions of the human present and future. Pressed in 2 editions of 400 copies. Gold-foiled cover, gold black block printed labels.